6/14/15

Mexico outreach

Well, its been a few days since I returned from Tijuana, I promised I would post an update about my trip, so here it is!

I have been on mission trips before where whatever you do feels like a task or like work, this was not one of those trips. Now, let me begin with where I was at before this trip to Mexico, and how it came to be... because that's an interesting story :) 

Journal entry -April.2,2015- While praying this morning, I asked the Lord what he would like me to ask for, he said: "Ask for obedience and the Spirit of yes, in Christ Jesus!" -as soon as I prayed that out I felt the weight of the Holy Spirit on me! very cool :)

That day I was very expectant to see what situation or offer would arise for me to say "Yes Lord!", but nothing happened all day long... until our young adults bible study that night. Our leader Troy asked if anyone would like to come on a short trip to Tijuana Mexico, as soon as I heard the offer the Lord reminded me of what he told me in the morning! From that point on I was very excited to see what God had planned for this little trip, and I stored up what God said in my heart.

Now, between that time and the time of the actual trip, God was faithful and provided me with all the finances I needed. 

Our flights to San Diago went well, and I was blessed with a free breakfast at the airport, because my friend decided she wasnt hungry after all. we started on our way down to TJ and stopped at In & Out Burger for an early lunch, I would recomend eating there if your ever on your way down to Mexico. I could easily go into great detail about the food in TJ, but it would take up A LOT of room... so I will leave it at this, tacos there are very very good, and its never been so easy to thank the Lord for something :)

During our trip we spent the majority of our time at an orphanage called "Ninos de la Promesa", its located right on the ocean about 2 miles south of the border. This orphanage is most likely the best one in TJ, and it has a very cool story. They started out very small, right next to the red light district in TJ, and over time God blessed them and raised them up into there new facility. The children there are encouraged to pursue there dreams, whether that's surfing, skateboarding, guitar, art or college; the orphanage helps them along.

A couple of times we went along with the kids from the orphanage up to the poorer orphanages to serve them food and play games, and just to share the love of Jesus.
It was after one of these times, that while we where in the van driving home to the orphanage, the Holy Spirit came over me, and I was overwhelmed with the idea that, I was literally being Gods hands and feet here. Jesus wanted me to know that he wanted to hangout and play with these kids, and to spend time with them, and the only way to do that was through me! This revelation marked the rest of my trip, whatever I did, I did out of the love of Christ. 

The trip to TJ was full of the joy of the Lord! though there where times every day when the enemy would attack, each time something came up we would pray against it and trust in the Lord and move on. The enemy failed at every turn, (which reminds me of a certain scripture) Luke 10:18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lighting from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." 

All in all, it was an awesome trip, just hanging out with my Lord Jesus Christ. It was very refreshing, and it was full of revelations from the Lord. I believe, and I think its right to say that the key to going long-term on the missions field is Jesus alone. When your with Jesus, nothing is work, nothing is task, everything becomes an act of love... and falling in love with Jesus isn't hard at all. 

Here is a post Mexico journal entry: "This one thing I have found to be true, this one thing is fact! If we have good works but not love we have nothing; Mary had no works, just love for Jesus, and Jesus desire this (Luke 10:41). In my walk with Jesus there surely will be works to be done, though nothing is work when you do it out of love! My goal is to spend my days at Jesus' feet, and whatever happens there in that place, will be good and fun and joyful. And whatever is hard wont be so hard, because it will be a sacrifice of love."

May god bless y'all 

yours truly, Christian.

IMG_0868 IMG_0878 IMG_0872

No comments:

Post a Comment