8/9/15

Normal Life

Feels like forever since my last post, mite as well have been too with the way time goes by here... Two months ago I was in Mexico, hanging out with orphans and eating really good food. Now it's today, and I can barely remember last week! but, Anyways, I will do my best to let you know how life has been, and hopefully share some exciting news, but that's for later.

So far this summer, I've been able to help run a 24 hour worship and prayer event (we are planning to run another one within 3 months), coach at a kids sport camp (VBS style), help lead lots and lots of worship sessions, and of course I had the opportunity to go to Mexico at the beginning of summer. Besides all that, it's been, for the most part, mostly normal. 


Although it's been "normal life" for me, God has been keeping me close by his side... I think that's a good way to put it. While I was in Mexico He showed me a new level of rest and peace that I haven't had before, ever since then, I have been seeing Him move in my life a lot more often than I did before. I would like to think that I can hear his voice better than before too, ha. I don't know why that's funny, but it is. Basically, to put it simply, God has been blessing me with more than my basic needs. Now, I'm not talking about money, though I haven't run out yet. No, I'm talking about things I want lining up with what He wants... and then, boom! it happens, and it happens without my involvement, except for maybe a prayer. Sometime a thought just pops into my head, and God brings it about. like the other day, I was like: "man, it would be cool if I got a ride home" (I was in town, and didn't want to wait for the bus). Well, I ended up getting a ride and free lunch... I didn't ask for lunch, but I was hungry :D 


Being A follower of Jesus Christ ain't so bad! He doesn't have employees, he has a big family. And he takes care of us kids, and it's his pleasure to do so, he wants to prove his love to you everyday. Don't just take my word for it, lean on him. 


Now, for further proof of that statement, and to come back to the exciting news I hinted at earlier. God has opened a door for me, a big big door! a door that typically involves thousands of dollars and a lot more than one flight. Its a place I've been before... have you guessed it?

This winter I will be spending Christmas in Nepal! yup, I have the honor of leading my very first team on an outreach, to one of my favorite countries :D 
I've been hoping and praying for this for a while, so I am very excited for the trip.

That's it for now, thanks for reading!

Keep me in your prayers, I've got some support raising to do.

God Bless, Christian Savage.


IMG_3099

1 comment:

  1. "Being A follower of Jesus Christ ain't so bad! He doesn't have employees, he has a big family. And he takes care of us kids." - I love that truth! Thanks for sharing, Christian.

    ReplyDelete