12/23/15

Himalayan Adventures

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
Along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
And make the rough places smooth.
These are things I will do;
I will not forsake them."
-Isaiah 42:16

Almost two weeks ago I landed here in this country, and during these two weeks, we have had some minor trials. After 50 plus hours of travel, when we first arrived, we found out that almost all of our luggage was missing (either in Seattle or Dubai!). But everyone was so excited to be here, almost nobody was worried, and sure enough, after 5 days -without fresh clothes, all of our baggage arrived :)
Just this last week, we had a large sum of money stolen from us; we where on our way home from helping at a slum. Although we have had some minor set backs and trials, nobody has been fazed or worried.
Every time something happens we just take it to God and He reassures us that he called us to this place for this time, and that he will provide no matter what! As He says in Isaiah and in many other places "I will not forsake them", -we know who goes before us and sets our path, and I could never be more happy then to serve Him.

In this short time I already have many amazing stories to tell when I come home, but the best one so far has been of Gods faithfulness here.
It has been a prayer and a dream of mine to come back here, ever since the first time I was here 3 years ago, and God has gifted me with this trip :) I guess it's an early Christmas gift from God, at least that's how it feels!

Thank you all for your support and prayers, God is with us and I have seen it. I will try and do some more updates while I am here, sorry if they seem slightly vague, I won't be able to use names or places while I am here, for safety reasons... So bare with me haha!

God bless, Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment