5/30/16

Satisfied


Well, this last year has been a whirlwind. It started with Mexico and ended with Nepal! 
One year ago I was house sitting for some close friends on the north shore of Kauai, taking the dog for walks down the extremely muddy back road that leads to the rock quarry side of "Rock Quarries Beach". I was in a place of wanting, wanting more of Jesus. As I was praying one morning, I asked God if there was anything I should know for the day, and In that still small voice I heard him say: "just say yes". For the rest of the day, I waited for a yes or no question, but nothing came, until that night. I was at a young adults bible study, and our leader asked if anyone would like to join him on a trip to Mexico, and instantly the word "Just say yes" popped into my head. Long story short, I ended up going on that trip, and it was one of the best 10 days of my life! That trip was spent hanging out with kids at an orphanage, eating the best food on earth (Tacos and In & Out Burger), and just being met by God everyday, as he poured out his love. Those 10 days marked the rest of my year, if not the rest of my life.

When we give up trying, and just simply trust that God is who he says he is (a Good Father), and just come before him with A "yes" in our heart, he dose not fail to satisfy our every need and want. The Word is true when it says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart". And that has been my whole year, through thick and thin, He has poured out his love on me, and provided for my every need; He has literally blessed me in every area of life, in finances, relationships, family and friends, even in my spirit. I am satisfied. 

God has continued to work this way in my life, and even now, things are just getting started. I look forward to this year :D Thank you Lord. 







No comments:

Post a Comment